- Tethered Rights: Liability of American Corporations for Their Foreign Subsidiaries’ Violations of Title VII
- Practical Aspects of Discovery in an Administrative Forum
- D.C. Retailer and EEOC Resolve Disability Discrimination Matter
Implicit Bias and Disparate Impact Claims: A Primer for Employers (US) lexology.com/r.ashx?l=8LZHH…
Have a Legal Question?
If you believe that you are a victim of sexual harassment in your work place in Chicago, IL, there are several steps you need to follow in order to carefully document your accusations, as proof of the harassment, and your on-going concerns surrounding the harassment:
- Document each event, including the date, time, and place. If possible, also include the name(s) of anyone who witnessed the encounter as they may need to help confirm the validity of your accusations.
- Your supervisor & your company human resources department should also be notified providing none of them are involved in the harassment charges; otherwise, you should contact another superior to report the harassment.
- File a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) office in Chicago, Illinois. You may also want to contact the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR) to investigate your complaint.
- In your meetings with EEOC and the IDHR be sure to have your documentation with you.
- File your claim within the 180-day timeframe required by law.
After your claim is filed, your employer is prohibited from any retaliation against you such as demotion, laying you off, or firing you.
Advocacy for Sexual Harassment in Chicago
If your sexual harassment case is not resolved by the EEOC within six months, you have the right to seek justice with a harassment claim within the next three months. If you decide to file a lawsuit, you should contact Goldman & Ehrlic in Chicago at 312.332.6733 or fill out our contact form. Our Illinois sexual harassment lawyers will handle your case with the professionalism, determination, and expertise to fight for you and your rights.
Call Goldman & Ehrlic today for a free consultation.