- Federal Laws that May Protect Employees from Coronavirus Hazards
- The Extra Layer of Protection Afforded Government Employees
- Goldman & Ehrlich Is Accepting New Clients Amid COVID-19
Don’t Delay in Providing Reasonable Accommodations lexology.com/library/detail…
Have a Legal Question?
Non-compete clauses in an employment contract should be reviewed by your Chicago employment lawyers at Goldman & Ehrlich before you agree to sign the contract. Our firm has resolved many employer/employee non-compete disputes, and are considered to be top Illinois employment experts.
Considerations in a Non-Compete Dispute
Once a non-compete agreement has been signed by both the employee and the employer, it might appear to be a closed issue; however, the court will look at a number of factors before deciding one way or the other. Some of these factors are listed below:
- Are employer trade secrets involved in the non-compete clause? In other words, does the employer have legitimate secret information pertaining to the on-going business activities of the company that is not easily accessible to those outside the company such as inventory and pricing?
- Did the employee have relationships with the customer base before they became an employee of the company, or was the relationship a result of their employment with the company involving the non-compete agreement?
- Does the employee have possession of certain confidential data that may be stored on a company issued computer?
- When was the employee asked to sign the non-compete agreement? Was the employee requested to sign a non-compete agreement, and then immediately, or within a short timeframe, fired from his/her position.
- Will the non-compete agreement prevent the employee from obtaining a job in his designated area of expertise?
Chicago Employment Lawyers
Goldman & Ehrlic is a premier Chicago employment law firm with the knowledge and expertise to help you navigate the constantly changing employment laws. They will work tirelessly on your behalf to ensure you are being treated fairly.
Contact Goldman & Ehrlich today to review your employment non-compete agreement or for help in resolving a dispute over a non-compete contract.